For two decades, Mr. Steele, along with his investment partners at Longmeadow Capital, have adhered to a simple development philosophy: create a world-class golf community by choosing a highly-desired location and building wonderful amenities for families to enjoy for the next 50 to 100 years and beyond.
Since taking over the community’s development in 1993, Mr. Steele has invested tens of millions of dollars in community amenities and infrastructure, including:
- An acclaimed Nicklaus Design Group championship golf course, with outstanding practice and teaching facilities;
- The Reserve Club, a 10,000 square foot clubhouse with fine dining, a tennis complex and swim pavilion;
- A Fuzzy Zoeller/Clyde Johnston designed golf course;
- A garden center and numerous parks and nature preserves;
- Miles of paved and natural surface walking and biking trails, covering hundreds of acres;
- An equestrian center with commercial boarding services and miles of riding trails;
- The Village at Woodside, a collection of the region’s finest medical facilities;
- Village Fitness, a 22,000 square foot state-of-the-art health and wellness complex.
These world-class amenities reflect Mr. Steele’s creative vision, financial strength and real estate experience and his ongoing commitment to ensuring the success of Woodside for generations to come.